Sausage and Broccoli Rabe Pasta
Mouth-watering sausage and pasta dish that will have them thinking you are a real chef!
- 1 pound Orrecchiette Pasta (shells or cavatappi would also work well)
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound Hot or Mild Italian Sausage (casing removed)
- 1 bunch Broccoli Rabe (rinsed and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes (optional)
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano (freshly grated)
- 1 clove Fresh Garlic (finely chopped)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
How to Make
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta about 3 to 4 minutes short of the package instructions. Chop Broccoli Rabe and add in for final minutes with pasta. Continue boiling then drain.
Heat a large dutch oven or saute pan with 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add the garlic and sausage and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned, approx. 8 minutes.
Add the drained Broccoli Rabe and Pasta to the pan, season with salt and pepper and toss thoroughly with the pan cooked sausage.
Plate individually in pasta bowls and add the freshly grated Pecorino to taste. Serve with optional red chili flakes.